Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BA in Egyptology online, is there a demand?

As you know I am doing the Certificate in Egyptology with Manchester University. I am totally loving it as do my fellow students. A number of us having been asking if it was possible to do a BA. At the recent graduation ceremony for the Certificate students Rosalie David announced that they are looking into this. Now my understanding is it will take a while and they have to get formal approval. obviously with financial cut backs etc they are going to have to put a good case and I suspect the course will have to be self funding.

I have set up a Facebook page We-want-an-online-BA-in-Egyptology so people can register an interest. This is not an official page but I am sure it will help them put there case if they see a lot of people on there. If you are not a Facebook person why not put a comment here, saying yes I would be interested and any questions you might have and I can cut and paste them there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment